Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals
Drop-In Center on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with shifts between 12:30 and 5:30 pm*
- Clothing closet, front desk support, intake support, youth engagement, connecting youth with services, serving food, shower monitoring...and more!
- Share a special talent or skill with our youth: art, music, yoga/pilates, exercise classes, tech support
Street Outreach Support on Mondays 1:30 - 3:30 pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30 am - 12:30 pm*
- Engage with street based youth out in the community alongside one of our Outreach and Engagement Case Managers, providing access to survival resources and SPY's onsite programs.
HOMIE! Mentorship Program
- The Housing Opportunity Mentor, In Effect! (HOMIE!) program is a mentorship program designed to connect our youth seeking housing with caring individuals who can support them through the process. This volunteer opportunity includes helping youth find and secure housing, mentoring on independent living, and building a meaningful, supportive connection.
Host Homes Program
- Become a short-term host by offering a room or private space in your home for a young person looking for longer term housing. This incredible incentivized program will help keep young people safe and set them up for lasting success.
- Please contact our Director of Housing Advocacy Rachel Pedowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding our HOMIE Mentorship Program and our Host Homes Program.
Administrative support Monday through Friday
- Filing, data entry, and administrative projects
Fundraising, Events and Communications
- Please contact our Deputy Director Rachel Stich at email@example.com for more information
*In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our youth, the application process will include background check and a minimum age requirement of 18 years old. Volunteers are also required to complete a TB Test. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Volunteer Opportunities for Groups
Donate a meal
- Your group or organization can donate the cost or provide a meal for our youth. You have the option to drop off or bring the meal and serve with your group.
- Please contact email@example.com for more information
Organize a Drive
- Clothing drive, shoe drive, hygiene drive, sleeping bag drive*, backpack drive*, blanket drive*
*We ask that none of these items be red due to gang association in Venice Beach
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- There are many group project opportunities on non Drop-In Center days. Please contact email@example.com for current projects.