More Specific Details Below:
Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals
Access Center Volunteer Opportunities on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays with shifts between 12:30 and 5:30 pm
General Drop-In Volunteering
- Running and organizing our Clothing Closet where members can get one full outfit a day!
- Monitoring our two showers and ensuring that everyone that has signed up for showers is able to get a clean towel and hygiene products before entering the showers.
- Helping to set up and serve lunch and/or dinner!
- Front desk support
- Share a special talent or skill with our youth: art, music, yoga/pilates, exercise classes, etc.
Digital Arts Lab
- Graphic design
- Laser cutting
- Abelton Music Production
- Share your skills with our youth!
Education and Employment
- Resume building, mock interviews, applying for schools and jobs, etc.
Street Outreach Volunteer Opportunities on Mondays 2-4 pm, Thursdays and Fridays 11 am - 12:30 pm
- Engage with street-based youth out in the community alongside one of our Outreach and Engagement Case Managers, providing access to survival resources and SPY's onsite programs.
- This program offers an opportunity for mentors from the community to connect with youth to build a trusting relationship and work towards goals identified by the youth. The program is designed to encourage a meaningful, supportive connection, and requires a 3 to 6 month commitment.
- Please contact the Mentorship Program Coordinator Allie Haber at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on getting involved in the program.
Host Home Program
- Become a short-term host by offering a room or private space in your home for a young person looking for longer-term housing. This incredible incentivized program will help keep young people safe and set them up for lasting success.
- Please contact our Host Home Coordinator Andrew Gutierrez III at email@example.com for more information regarding our Host Homes Program.
Administrative support Monday through Friday
- Filing, data entry, and administrative projects
Fundraising, Events, and Communications
- Please contact our Deputy Director Rachel Stich at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
*In order to provide a safe and secure environment for our youth, the application process will include a background check and a minimum age requirement of 18 years old. Volunteers are also required to complete a TB Test. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Volunteer Opportunities for Groups
Donate a Meal
- Your group or organization can donate the cost or provide a meal for our youth. You have the option to drop off or bring the meal and serve with your group.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Organize a Drive
- Clothing drive, shoe drive, hygiene drive, sleeping bag drive*, backpack drive*, blanket drive*
*We ask that none of these items be red due to gang association in Venice Beach
- Please contact email@example.com for more information
- There are many group project opportunities on non Drop-In Center days. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for current projects.